TMNS is looking for Big Data Architects.
TMNS is looking for Big Data Architects to help transform leading organizations into digital businesses, revolutionize their operations, increase customer insight and making better decisions utilizing vast amount of data.
TMNS is the perfect place to lay the foundation for a career helping the world’s leading companies drive strategic business advantage through the innovative use of technology. And for experienced technology professionals, TMNS’s global client base, proven methodologies and extensive technology organization provide the ideal stage to take an established career to new heights.
You will be responsible for:
- Assessing, defining, implementing and/or supporting Big Data architectures for our clients.
- Be part of the leading group of TMNS Architects with a deep technical background and willing to take an extra step forward to pioneer with future Big Data architectures.
- Propose innovative technology solutions and take the lead in implementing and evaluating these solutions. Assist in refining and enhancing Big Data architectures and frameworks.
- Working closely with our sale executives selling Big Data consulting work. Drive technical and architecture workshops.
- Capable to clearly and confidently present subject matter expert visions on current and future Big Data architecture related topics.
- Supervise architecture design, infrastructure design, build and deployment activities on multiple platforms.
- Master´s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electronic Engineering or a similar field.
- 3+ years of experience in assessing , architecting, designing or implementing IT architectures and applications related to Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Map Reduce, HDFS, Hive, R, Cassandra.
- 3+ years of experience in doing Architectures for Business Intelligence and Data Analytics platforms.
- Strong drive to continuously develop yourself in the field of Big Data.
- Ability in putting together an architecture roadmap for large Analytics initiatives detailing out the development, execution and operations architecture.
- Have experience in working directly with business users to gather and document technical requirements.
- Have deep experience in the use of modeling techniques including use case, scenario modeling, prototyping, and performance modeling.
- Experience with IT delivery life-cycle planning and management methodologies and tools.
- Preferred skills (at least 3 of the following skills):
- Hands-on experience with the Hadoop stack (e.g. MapReduce, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, Hbase, Flume).
- Hands-on experience with open source software platforms and languages (e.g. Java, Linux, Apache, Perl/Python/PHP, Chef).
- Hands-on experience with ETL tools (e.g. Informatica, Talend, Pentaho), BI tools and reporting software (e.g. Microstrategy, Cognos, Pentaho).
- Hands-on experience with analytical tools, languages, or libraries (e.g. SAS, SPSS, R, Mahout, Rapid Miner).
- Experience with high-scale or distributed RDBMS (Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum, Aster Data, Vertica).
- Knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. Amazon Web Services EC2, Elastic MapReduce) and considerations for scalable, distributed systems.
- Knowledge of NoSQL platforms (e.g. key-value stores, graph databases, RDF triple stores).
Professional Skills Requirements:
- Self-starter, with a keen interest in technology and highly motivated towards success;
- Must be proactive, show initiative and desire to learn business subjects;
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities;
- Highly developed evaluation skills, the ability to assess the potential impact of emerging technologies and strong presentation skills;
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment;
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment ;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.